PhxWebGirl – 2011 – Present
PhxWebGirl is my personal brand, and business. I specialized in helping the small business owner create an affordable, sustainable digital footprint – through website design, content management, social media, enewsletters, digital marketing, SEO, consulting and training.
Phoenix Children’s Hospital – May 2007 – March 2016.
As an interactive project manager and social media specialist, my experience included:
- Managed all of the Hospital’s external websites and social media (produced video, acted as the voice of the consumer for social media users, managed issue resolution.)
- Scoped, owned and managed projects from inception through completion, create RFPs, negotiate large contracts, and deliver projects on-time that are aligned with the strategic goals of the Hospital.
- Managed 5+ teams of interactive vendors and internal teams using Agile and Kansan methodologies.
- Started and responsible for all Hospital social media, three enewsletters (95,000 recipients) and analytics.
- Wrote and edited content, optimized for organic SEO, worked with teams to ensure digital is aligned with offline marketing, managed PPC campaigns;
- Created responsive websites to accommodate 50% mobile use (per analytics data.)
- Twitter: top 10 most followed hospitals in US
- Facebook: 38,000 + likes
- YouTube: 600,000 + views
Key project websites included:
Highmark Inc. – 2000 – 2007
Web Writer in eMarketing and CRM
Research, write and edit Web content for style, clarity, voice, tone and marketing goals and standards for 8+ websites. Led projects with clients, vendors and web team, code HTML and manage core business, subsidiary and affiliate websites. Work with graphics, base strategies on site statistics, answer/route all webmaster mail, create cross-site promotions and activities and assist clients in making the best decisions for effective web practices.
Key project websites included:
Personal Dog Trainer – 2003 – 2004
With a passion for dogs, teaching and entrepreneurship, I started a business for people who want well-behaved dogs. I held a group class with adult dogs in my home and then transitioned to private training in the client’s home. During this year-long venture, I trained pet owners how to train their dogs….because that’s what “dog training” really is.
Artworks Galley – 1999 – 2004
Art sales, gallery maintenance and custom framing.
This was a part-time job that I held for five years. I was a top sales performer in this position.
Highmark Inc. – 1997 – 2000
Admin Assistant in Desktop Services
Produced spreadsheets, presentations, worked on RFPs and RFIs, wrote company memos, worked on employee reviews, produced technical documents and did the layout and edit of monthly status reports.
Sought out additional opportunities whenever they presented themselves such as;
converted PC’s from token ring to Ethernet, tested software for Y2K compliance, PC product price benchmarking.
Also arranged travel, coordinated meetings and luncheons, handled all vendors and security access issues, set up computer access for employees and contractors, processed confidential forms such as employee termination and position changes and maintained records for two budget centers.
1996 – 1999: The Java Hut and Cornerstone Coffeehouse – barista and store manager
1990’s: Optical and Contact Sales and Fittings, Waitress, Bartender, Receptionist, Telemarketer, Flagperson, Retail Sales